CTO and Data Scientist - Sleep.ai BV (Apr 2016 - Mar 2017)
Sleep.ai (former Bruxlab) develops apps and devices to diagnose and treat sleep related disorders such as bruxism and snoring. I was responsible of:
- machine learning model performance and validation;
- apps (internal and external) development (iOS and Android);
- database of classified data maintenance, improvement and analysis;
- apps’ backend maintenance, .NET and AngularJS;
- new ideas research and development.
Machine Learning Researcher - Radboud University (Jan 2012 - Jan 2016)
I designed new algorithms for inferring the behaviour of a nondeterministic system, a.k.a. system under learning, by only providing inputs and observing the produced outputs. They do not use statistical information on how the system works, thus there is no need of logs or tracked behaviour. The goal is to derive an approximate model of the system under learning to be used for (regression) testing, creating documentation of the system or understanding legacy systems.
I assisted the teacher of the course on Testing Techniques. For three years I helped with creating and correcting assignments, giving feedback to students and providing exercise lectures. During the latest year I also taught part of the course on active learning.
Technology Consultant - Accenture (Mar 2010 - Dec 2011)
I worked as a technology consultant in one of the main banks in Italy. I also worked in Germany and cooperated remotely with client employees located in non-European countries.
The main projects consisted of:
- supporting the creation of new, international branches;
- providing the IT department of the bank with reports regarding current and past incidents and problems.
Roles: ITIL Processes Specialist, Information Technology Architect, ETL designer, SAP Business Object designer.
I designed and programmed the output module for the management software produced by the company.